27 July 2009

Growing Up

There are those milestones in life that cause you to reflect. Who knew that 24 years and some change was what would cause a huge reflection. It may not be as much my age and time on this earth as much as it is a lot of major life events. I came to the conclusion recently that I may just be too old for some things now. It's getting to be about that time. I'm not going to go make any sort of Murtaugh list or anything as that has a tendency to limit my possibilities. But, I have evaluated that drama and personal issues that have arisen at work are not for work, they're not even for home. I'm almost 25, and being petty about "who's dating who" and "did you hear what happened to so-and-so?". These are not my issues to deal with. I don't care about your personal life while I'm at work. I mean, really do I? No, because it's none of my business and I don't want it to be.

Furthermore, Kimberly is my life, not yours. She belongs to her family and me and if you want to try to horn in on what's going on when it really is none of your business, I'm not going to be friendly to you. I'm not coddling her, I'm not being overly protective, I'm not controlling her. She is her own woman and I'm allowed to and want to be apart of it. Don't mess with it.

I'm also too old to be involved in whatever's going on in your life. Trust me, if I'm interested in what's going on with you, you'll know. I'd call, text, facebook, blog, comment or maybe just talk to you...point is, you'd know.

This is all really intense, I understand, but it's just getting old getting wrapped around someone's personal life that was not my business to begin with. The problem is that venting my frustrations about my previous choices (and their current consequences) here (to Brad, Kim, and whoever RSS'd this) isn't much at solving my issues with myself. I guess that I just needed a place to write down my resolve so that I can re-read it later and be reminded that getting too involved hurts you. Being involved itself isn't the harm, it's the trying to extend a helping hand to someone that shoves it hard enough to slap your own self in the face, that is the true danger. I'm over it.

[kyle]

2 comments:

Mrs.Stanford said...

Kyle it's your right to "vent" if you want. I so feel you on the growing up part. I just turned 26 and there still seems to be things that are going on around me that I don't understand. You have a plan in your life and that is to be happy and be in love. I've learned that some people HATE life and when they see someone that used to be in their life they can to destroy anything that makes that person happy...such as yourself [your the happy part]. Keep smiling, you are a wonderful person that treats Kim wonderful...you care about her and her well being, she loves you and you love her NO one can judge that!!!! Hope your doing well.

Lori

Unknown said...

Some times not saying anything and putting the head down and going is hard.

Hang in, you are noticing what irks you which is a good things. There are a few things I have learned that might help.
1) Once it is on the Internet it is hard to take back
2) Do not PUI- WUI but edit later
3) When people talk about their issue, smile and nod.
4) Just cause they share doesn't mean you have to.