14 June 2009

Adjusting The AF

"...I hurt myself today...to see if I still feel..."

There are times in life that you learn more about living than you do at other times. This week is one of those weeks. A recurring theme in my life has been that I don't really keep my mouth shut enough. That can carry on into my generic attitude, my outlook on the life-task at hand, etc. I can see so much of why I burn bridges. Kimberly pointed this out to me the other day on our way to dinner with her folks as I was explaining my distaste for something that happened to me last year. That's right, I'm still upset about something that happened at work a year ago. That should prove right there how much I'll allow things to fester.

Now, I can blame everyone else for my utter hatred of the "evil prospering" in the world and why God allows this to happen. Or...as is suggested, I can let it go as if it was the "whisp" of air that is most actually is. I don't really care about morons succeeding above me. I don't really care about being ignored. I don't really care about being treated poorly. I just care about doing a good job...at least that's what I should be caring about. I think it's time to re-focus myself; take a step back and reflect on the positive things that are happening to me.

I couldn't be more happy about the life that Kimberly and I have built from the ground up. I love what we share and how we share it. I love, even more, how we've cleaned our lives out of un-necessary issues and drama. Even all that "stuff" that collects throughout life, we're starting to get rid of. We started ripping our DVD's into our media server farm the other night and she's just kicking ass at it! We plan on selling our DVD's and making a little extra money off of it. It feels so good to have a help-mate who shares my goals and dreams. I love that she drives me to achieve! What a wonderful woman I've been entrusted with!

I could talk about her for hours, but I need to get back to work and to also finish up watching the WWDC keynote from last week. I'm super excited about the new OS and it's support of Exchange (finally!). Anyway...that's enough outta me!

[kyle]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Success usually comes to those who are too busy looking for it.

-- H.D. Thoreau