30 June 2009

Decades of Artistic Feelings

End of another month...I noticed today that it was almost the end of this decade. What do I have to show for the first decade of the millennium? Kimberly, a great career in which I'm respected, I feel that I am slowly getting closer to my family (thanks, in part, to Kimberly), and I feel like I'm earning my age of "almost 25"... Is there anything tangible? That's an interesting way to phrase a question about my progress. Granted, I am the one asking the question, but that is (quite obviously) beside the point. Tangible? That's like asking if every breath I've been granted in my life would've meant more had I been able to hold it to my face to ingest it. I think the things in my life that have meant more to me have been, poetically so, intangible. That's what makes it worth more...you have to imagine the physical value. I love that God made us this way, in that we have to rely on our knowledge of the world and what we can't grasp to understand and appreciate each other and our lives.

Past myself, I believe that God's still in charge, El Nino is on it's way, economic turmoil is still inevitable even WHEN the market steadies out...tomorrow will survive in tomorrow's existence and I'll still blog when I have something to say. I love to blog my thoughts, I love to be artistic and when I get the rare chance to actually be inspired at the right time to write something to the world of the wide-web. I aspire to be a better, more thriving author, photographer, and person but never really know exactly how I want to achieve it. I know that I will wake up tomorrow feeling artistically unfulfilled and wanting to shoot more pictures, write more blogs, listen to more music, and read more books. I have a yearning to do more with my senses and don't understand what to do about it.

[kyle]

No comments: