11 June 2009

In The Shadow Of The Moon

I've been a bit of a night owl the last few months. It definitely doesn't make for an easy life, I'll tell you that. I'm getting to that point where I hope that the end is near, where the 11:30 PM off time I used to have is "early", where I can get home and get to sleep all in the same day, where I can be with Kimberly...sigh...I love my job, but I also love my new home with Kimberly, cats, neighbors, et al. I do want to get on to enjoying it.

This being away all the time majorly sucks. I feel like a hidden community of some organism that moves only in the light of the risen moon and no one really knows it's there until they mis-function once and it disrupts the delicate balance of the "day people". Its not as if I feel under-appreciated, but I do feel disconnected. I feel like this isn't what I was supposed to be doing although it is what I'm supposed to be doing. The upside is that I've become the one that delivers and the downside is that my life is starting to show signs of severe suffering. I'm going to start getting that pasty-white skin that people who stay indoors too much get pretty soon, I can just feel it.

If anyone has advice on how to cope with these night shifts or if you happen to know that the end of these shifts is soon, please tell me...

[kyle]

2 comments:

Kimby said...

Here is my advice....don't worry about your personal life...aka me...i am ok and will always be here to love and support you <3

-your girl

Unknown said...

Dude, add in kids and a 19 year relationship and you understand why I bounce between manic & grumpy.
It won't get better; however, you learn to cope. And, if your better half is willing to cope with you, you still have a life - just keep living it.

~Bri